As the Northern hemisphere is entering another summer with record-high temperatures, we are reminded of the importance of advancing climate action and sustainable development, and are glad to share a number of announcements about this work with you.
We recently released a timeline for our approach to third-party crypto instruments and tokens and several other updates about the VCS Program, including a consultation on VCU labels and a pre-consultation on a new market label.
Environmental Finance’s annual rankings for the leading service providers in the VCM are now open, and we hope that we can once again count on your vote.
Please also take a moment to read out top 5 takeaways from the UN Ocean Conference 2022 and sign up for our new Sustainable Development Newsletter!
- Verra’s Approach to Third-Party Crypto Instruments and Tokens: Timeline
- Verra Announces Consultation on VCU Labels
- Verra Launches Pre-consultation on New Market Label
- Proposed Updates to the VCS Program: Consultation
- RFP: Technical Experts on Enhanced Weathering
- RFP: Development of Methodology for the Displacement of Virgin Petroleum-Based Plastic Production
- ZDF is Wrong to Claim Magical Thinking Will Meet the Climate Challenge
- Vote for Verra in Environmental Finance’s VCM Rankings
Plastic Waste Reduction Program
- Verra Releases Revised Plastic Waste Collection Methodology
- Verra Releases Revised Plastic Waste Recycling Methodology
SD VISta Program
Verra Staff at Events
Upcoming Events (Highlights)
- 8-11 August: 2022 North American Biochar and Bioenergy Conference — Stefan Jirka, Senior Manager, Agriculture Innovation
- All upcoming events
Past Events (Highlights)
- David Antonioli, CEO, spoke at the Virtual Roundtable on Effective Carbon Emissions Trading and Markets-Pricing Mechanisms in the Asia-Pacific Region
- Robin Rix, Chief Legal, Policy, and Markets Officer, served on a panel at the Argus Carbon Markets and Regulation Conference 2022
- Sinclair Vincent, Director of Sustainable Development Innovation and Markets, participated in the United Nations Ocean Conference (UNOC) in Lisbon. Read about her top 5 takeaways from this event.
- Angelo Sartori, Director, Stakeholder Engagement, and Susana Vélez Haller, Senior Manager, Auditor and Accreditation Body Engagement, spoke at the Latin America and the Caribbean Climate Week 2022.
If you’d like to invite a Verra team member to speak at your event, please contact email@example.com.
Photos: Jeremy Bezanger (top), Antoine Giret (bottom)
Verra Newsletter archive