Welcome to Verra’s October Newsletter!
As we enter the last quarter of 2022, attention on environmental and social markets is picking up noticeably. The Integrity Council for the Voluntary Carbon Market (ICVCM) has conducted a public consultation on its proposed Core Carbon Principles (CCPs) and Assessment Framework (AF): Verra has submitted comments and also wrote a blogpost confirming our support for the initiative while expressing conceptual concerns with the CCPs and AF as currently proposed. Please feel free to leave a comment about our commentary on our LinkedIn page.
Verra is also honored to have won two Environmental Finance awards for 2022: Best GHG Crediting Programme for the Verified Carbon Standard Program and Best Registry Provider for the Verra Registry. Receiving this award is an important sign of the market’s trust in us, a responsibility that we take seriously. We are committed to continuing to build out our ability to support market players who use our standards programs to drive finance to help the world to reach critical climate goals and improve people’s well-being.
- Verra Wins 2022 Environmental Finance Awards
- Verra Launches Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Option for the Verra Registry
- Consultation on Verra’s Approach to Third-Party Crypto Instruments and Tokens: Webinar and Extension
- The webinar will take place on 13 October, and the consultation has been extended until 1 November.
- Verra’s Comments on the ICVCM Consultation
- Verra Blogpost: “Course Correction Needed: ICVCM’s Draft Core Carbon Principles and Assessment Framework on Wrong Track”
- Consultation on Updates to the VCS Methodology Approval Process
- Clarifications to VM0042 Methodology for Improved Agricultural Land Management
Plastic Waste Reduction Program
Verra Staff at Events
- October 4-6, 22nd Annual IEA-IETA-EPRI Workshop on Greenhouse Gas Emissions Trading:
- October 12-14, Carbon Forward 2022:
- October 13, Natural Capital Summit 2022:
- Sinclair Vincent, Director, Sustainable Development Innovation and Markets
- October 25-27, VERGE 22:
If you’d like to invite a Verra team member to speak at your event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verra will be sending a delegation to COP27 in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, 6-18 November 2022. Please reach out to us if you’d like to arrange a meeting or to invite us to your event: email@example.com.
Photos: Lisa Murry, Bale Mountains Eco-region REDD+ project (top), Nik Supatravanij, Second Life Thailand (bottom)