Welcome to Verra’s January Newsletter!
We hope you all had an enjoyable winter holiday season and a good start to the new year! All of us here at Verra are excited for 2024 and have begun to resume our work to support the growth and impact of environmental and social markets.
We are making good progress on the various priority areas under the New Era for Verra initiative and were pleased to provide an update in a recent letter to our stakeholders and in a live stakeholder update webinar (if you missed it, you can listen to the recording). We were particularly excited to share the following updates:
- The launch of a new Stakeholder Support Team and a new stakeholder support tool
- An invitation to test the new Digital Project Submission Tool on the Verra Project Hub
We also want to bring to your attention several upcoming webinars, including one on Verra’s forest carbon strategy, one about developing a project under Verra’s Plastic Program, and one about the role of Plastic Credits within a full life-cycle approach to plastic stewardship.
We will be holding quarterly stakeholder update webinars to keep you all posted on our work. All 2024 sessions are available for registration on our Events page.
- Chilean Carbon Market Recognizes Verra-Certified Projects
- Statement on New Cookstoves Study
- Invitation to Apply: Forest Carbon Technology Working Group
- Webinar: Verra’s Forest Carbon Strategy
- Verra Inactivates Peat Swamp Forest Methodology
- Public Consultation on New Cookstoves Methodology *DEADLINE EXTENDED*
- Corrections and Clarifications to Agricultural Land Management Methodology (VM0042) and Associated Module
- Correction and Clarification to CDM Methodology for Manure Collection and Treatment
Verra Staff at Events
We would like to bring your attention to an upcoming event:
- Connect with a vibrant community of peers and trailblazers at GreenBiz 24 (Feb. 12–14, 2024, Phoenix, AZ), the premier gathering of sustainable business leaders seeking hands-on, tangible solutions. Choose from more than 50 sessions to learn what’s next in decarbonization, supply chain, biodiversity, and much more. Apply the 10% discount code GB24VERRA when you register here: https://buff.ly/3thMy1X (external).