Verra has opened the pilot testing phase of its new Digital Project Submission Tool in the Verra Project Hub. This tool is a key offering within the digitalization initiative under the New Era for Verra. Project proponents and validation/verification bodies who plan to digitally submit project documents in the Project Hub are invited to test the tool between now and February 29, 2024. During the pilot testing period, stakeholders can explore the tool’s application, evaluate its functionalities, and share feedback.
Verra will use insights gained during the pilot phase to refine the tool, ensuring that it streamlines the project submission process and reduces project review times. Verra anticipates launching the final version of the tool in the first half of 2024.
The Digital Project Submission Tool enables the efficient processing, reviewing, and registering of carbon projects in the following ways:
- Offering guided selection of digitalized methodologies
- Quantifying expected and actual emission reductions and removals based on raw input data
- Generating electronic project descriptions as well as standardized and streamlined reporting documents, including monitoring reports, validation reports, and verification reports
- Hosting all project information and data and making it available for easy access and revision
- Providing a parameter library applicable to methodologies to assist project proponents in the drafting of project documents
Thus far, project proponents applying one of the following methodologies can test the Digital Project Submission Tool:
- VM0001 Infrared Automatic Refrigerant Leak Detection Efficiency Project Methodology, v1.1
- VM0003 Methodology for Improved Forest Management through Extension of Rotation Age, v1.3
- VM0010 Methodology for Improved Forest Management: Conversion from Logged to Protected Forest, v1.3
- VM0025 Campus Clean Energy and Energy Efficiency, v1.0
- VM0033 Methodology for Tidal Wetland and Seagrass Restoration, v2.1
- VM0038 Methodology for Electric Vehicle Charging Systems, v1.0
- VM0041 Methodology for the Reduction of Enteric Methane Emissions from Ruminants through the Use of Feed Ingredients, v2.0
- VM0044 Methodology for Biochar Utilization in Soil and Non-Soil Applications, v1.1
- VM0045 Methodology for Improved Forest Management Using Dynamic Matched Baselines from National Forest Inventories, v1.0
- VM0047 Afforestation, Reforestation, and Revegetation, v1.0
- VMR0006 Energy Efficiency and Fuel Switch Measures in Thermal Applications, v1.2
Stakeholders interested in testing the Digital Project Submission Tool should email email@example.com with information on their projects (project name and ID number), applicable methodologies, and the current development stage of their project (e.g., pipeline-listed, under validation) by January 28, 2024. Verra will then provide these stakeholders with access credentials and a comprehensive user guide. Digital submissions of existing projects and data will be prioritized for review by Verra to accelerate end-to-end testing and full rollout of the tool.