Welcome to Verra’s March Newsletter!
As most of you will have heard, the Integrity Council for the Voluntary Carbon Market (ICVCM) yesterday released its Core Carbon Principles and Program-level Assessment Framework. This is an important moment for the voluntary carbon market, and we believe that the work of the ICVCM will continue to increase confidence in the market. Several Verra staff attended the ICVCM launch briefing at which Andrew Howard, Senior Director for Climate Policy and Strategy, spoke.
Verra has been very supportive of the ICVCM’s work and the outcomes of the extensive consultations on stronger safeguards for communities and the environment. We look forward to reviewing both the program- and category-level Core Carbon Principles and Assessment Frameworks in detail.
We enjoyed connecting with many of you at various other events during the month of March. Verra CEO David Antonioli participated in the Commodities Global Summit 2023 organized by the Financial Times, the Natural Capital Investment 2023 event hosted by Environmental Finance, and the Barclays ESG Conference in New York City. Verra also had a strong presence at the North American Carbon World (NACW) in California and the European Climate Summit 2023 in Lisbon.
- Verra Publishes Updated Fee Schedules
- Verra Inactivates UNFCCC CDM Rice Cultivation Methodology
- Public Consultation: Proposed Minor Revisions to VMR0006 Methodology for Installation of High Efficiency Firewood Cookstove
- Verra Response to Guardian Article
SD VISta Program
Verra Staff at Events
Verra staff participate regularly in events. For a comprehensive list, please check our events page. April highlights include:
- 4-5 April, Net Zero with Nature-Based Solutions
- 13 April, Sustainable Blockchain Summit
- 24-25 April, BloombergNEF New York Summit
If you’d like to invite a Verra team member to speak at your event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.