Welcome to Verra’s Sustainable Development Download, including updates on Verra’s Sustainable Development Verified Impact Standard (SD VISta), the world’s premier standard for certifying the real-world benefits of social and environmental projects.
Why Verra’s Nature Crediting Framework Can Help Protect Global Biodiversity
In December, the Parties to the United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity adopted the Global Biodiversity Framework (GBF) at the 15th Conference of the Parties (COP15) in Montreal, Canada. The GBF provides the foundation for halting and reversing biodiversity loss and improving ecosystem functioning by 2050.
Verra is developing a new nature crediting framework to drive finance to high-quality nature conservation and restoration activities that can help meet the GBF goals and targets.
- Read why Verra’s nature crediting framework can play a key role in meeting the GBF goals.
- Subscribe to Verra’s mailing list for updates on the development of the nature crediting framework.
- Verra Signs MOU to Create Nature Crediting Framework
- Overview Flyer: Nature Crediting Framework
- Environmental Finance: “Crediting Nature”
- Environmental Finance: “Verra speaks out on tradability of nature credits”
- Environmental Finance: “Tradeable units – a key ingredient for scaling investment in nature”
SD VISta Explained: Resources
SD VISta certifies the real-world benefits of social and environmental projects, from gender equity and economic development to affordable clean energy and restoration of wildlife. It uses independent third-party assessment to verify that projects contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
To learn more:
SD VISta Case Study: Accelerating the Global Urban Mobility Revolution
The Motor Vehicle Replacement with Utility E-bike project enables city inhabitants to replace greenhouse gas-emitting motor vehicles with electric bikes. The project advances several Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) including increased access to low-cost, sustainable transportation (SDG 10, Reduced Inequalities) and decreased air and noise pollution (SDG 11, Sustainable Cities and Communities).
Verra’s SD VISta Program verifies the project’s diverse benefits so that investors can have full confidence in their social and environmental impacts.
The project is currently undergoing validation with SD VISta and is also under development to be certified with Verra’s Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) Program.
A Look Ahead
Verra staff participate regularly in events. For a comprehensive list, please check our events page, which is continually updated with the most recent information about Verra staff’s attendance at various markets events.
- 21 February: Rebalance Earth Natural Capital Conference
- 3 March: Introduction to Forest Carbon Markets
- 15-16 March: Corporate Investments into Forestry & Biodiversity
- 16 March: Sustex 2023 World Tech For Impact & Climate Action Conference
- 21-23 March: North American Carbon World
- 27-28 March: UNC Cleantech Summit
- 27-30 March: VIII Congreso Forestal Latinoamericano – V Congreso Forestal Argentino
- 29-30 March: European Climate Summit (ECS)
If you would like to invite a Verra team member to speak at your event, please contact email@example.com.
António Guterres, UN Secretary General
“Together, let’s adopt and deliver an ambitious framework — a peace pact with nature — and pass on a better, greener, bluer and more sustainable world to our children.” [United Nations website]