We hope that everyone had a good start to the new year.
Many of you have reached out about today’s Guardian article on Verra-issued carbon credits. We have published a response that outlines why the claims that Verra-certified REDD+ projects are over-issuing carbon credits are incorrect. Please consider sharing it. We also intend to post additional commentary on our website and LinkedIn page.
Verra also signed an MOU to create a nature crediting framework and received official observer status with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) to participate in the intergovernmental process to develop an international legally binding instrument to curb plastic pollution.
We look forward to a productive and successful 2023!
- Verra Response to Guardian Article on Carbon Offsets
- Verra Concludes Consultation on Third-Party Crypto Instruments and Tokens
- Verra Comments on CFTC RFI on Climate-Related Financial Risk
- Coming Soon: Consultation on VCS Program Development
- Verra Releases Updates to VCS Program
- EOI Request: Digital Measurement, Reporting, and Verification Pilot Program
SD VISta Program
- Verra Signs MOU to Create Nature Crediting Framework
- SD VISta Case Study: Motor Vehicle Replacement with Utility E-bike
- Sign up for our Sustainable Development Download
Verra Staff at Events
Verra staff participate regularly in events. For a comprehensive list, please check our events page. January highlights include:
- 16-17 January, Workshop “The Quest for Sustainability – A Law & Finance Dialogue”
- 25 January, Webinar “The Future of the VCM – Problems and Likely Outcomes”
- 25-26 January, Workshop “Global Carbon Markets and CCS: Towards ASEAN Decarbonization”
If you’d like to invite a Verra team member to speak at your event, please contact email@example.com.