Welcome to Verra’s June Newsletter!
Most of you have seen the recent announcement that Verra’s CEO David Antonioli will step down later this month and that the Board of Directors unanimously appointed Verra’s President, Judith Simon, as the Interim CEO.
In David’s own words, “After nearly 15 fantastic years as the CEO of Verra, I have decided to step down. I am immensely proud of what Verra has accomplished and of the incredible team that has made it the world’s leading standard-setter for climate action and sustainable development. We hired Judith in February as part of our long-term strategy to lead, elevate, and scale. Judith brings the kinds of skills Verra needs to continue to grow and has the support of a terrific team.”
We at Verra are immensely grateful to David for his service and are committed to continuing the work he started. Thank you, David! We will have more updates in future editions regarding Verra’s next steps and plans for continuous improvement moving ahead.
In other leadership news, we welcomed Hillary Navarro as new Chief Communications Officer to oversee a new Communications Department. And the Plastic Team this week attended the Global Plastic Treaty Negotiations in Paris to discuss, through two events and meetings with stakeholders, how Plastic Credits can help a Global Plastic Treaty deliver impact at scale.
- Verra CEO to Step Down; Board Unanimously Appoints Interim CEO
- Verra Welcomes Chief Communications Officer
- Verra Releases Revised Methodology for Improved Agricultural Land Management
- Verra Releases Revised VM0003 Improved Forest Management Methodology
- Verra Publishes Responses to Consultation on VCU Label Proposals
- Verra and FOREDOR to Develop a Course on Carbon Markets and Forests
- Verra Issues Clarification on Effective Date of VCS Scope 3 Requirements
Scope 3 Program
Plastic Waste Reduction Program
Verra Staff at Events
Verra staff participate regularly in events. For a comprehensive list, please check our events page.
If you’d like to invite a Verra team member to speak at your event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also would like to bring your attention to two upcoming Greenbiz events:
- Don’t miss Circularity 23, the leading convening of professionals building the circular economy (June 5-7, Seattle)! Join us and the growing community of more than 1,200 visionaries and practitioners to move beyond incremental action, catalyze systems change, and accelerate the circular economy. Apply the 10% discount code C23VERRA when you register today: http://bit.ly/3HBpmim
- Join the growing community of finance, investment, and sustainability leaders supporting the just transition to a decarbonized economy at GreenFin 23 (June 26-28, Boston). By attending, you’ll gain access to inspiring keynotes, engaging breakout sessions, and valuable networking. Apply the 10% discount code GF23VERRA10 when you register today: http://bit.ly/3ExtO17