This is a significant year for environmental and social markets. The voluntary carbon markets are continuing to experience unprecedented growth while delivering tremendous impact and undergoing further maturation. The Voluntary Carbon Markets Integrity Initiative recently published its Code of Practice, and we are expecting updates from the Integrity Council for the Voluntary Carbon Market in the near future as well.
At the same time, newer markets, such as for biodiversity and plastic, are gaining a strong foothold and seeing a rapid uptake.
For 15 years, Verra has set standards, managed programs, and developed markets for meaningful environmental and social action. We remain more determined than ever to fulfill this ambition. The wealth of updates we are sharing in this newsletter is a clear indication of this.
We are on a journey to transform Verra. We are moving beyond the initial era of critical experimentation to a new era of scaling, engaging, and achieving operational excellence. The recent change in leadership offers the perfect opportunity to do this.
In the coming weeks and months, our interim CEO Judith Simon and other senior leadership at Verra will conduct a listening tour to engage directly with a core group of our stakeholders to learn what’s important to you. To reach those we cannot meet with one-on-one, we will send an email with a link to a short stakeholder survey. We encourage you to complete the survey and provide as much feedback during this process as you can. Thank you!
The new Verra leadership team will also host a stakeholder webinar on Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 11:00-11:45 am ET. Join us to meet the new leadership team, learn about Verra’s current priorities and next steps, and hear answers to some frequently asked questions about our work.
As a final note, Environmental Finance is again holding a vote to identify voluntary carbon market (VCM) leaders, including project developers, traders, and service providers. We hope you will once again show your support for Verra this year. We work hard every day to effectively advance climate action, innovate, and attain operational excellence.
Please read on to learn more about our most recent updates!
- Connect with Verra: Webinar with New Leadership, Opportunities to Give Feedback
- Vote for Verra in Environmental Finance’s VCM Rankings
- Verra Launches Consultation on Proposed Changes to the VCS Program
- Verra Statement on the Launch of the VCMI Claims Code of Practice
- Verra to Issue Claims Guidance for Consultation
- Verra and the Brazilian Initiative for the Voluntary Carbon Market to Increase Credibility and Transparency of the VCM in Brazil
- Verra and Pakistan to Educate Carbon Market Stakeholders on Practical Insights, Technical Requirements, and Key Methodologies
- Indonesian Carbon Trade Association and Verra Form Joint Taskforce
- Verra Reaches Key Milestones in Finalizing New REDD Methodology
- Verra Publishes Updated Biochar Methodology
- Public Consultation: Methodology Framework for Carbon Capture and Storage
- Verra Releases Revised Cookstove Methodology
- Verra Reviews Improved Forest Management Methodologies
- Verra Revises Blue Carbon Methodology
- Verra Releases Food Loss and Waste Methodology
- Request for Proposals: Methodology or Module for Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Rice Production Systems
Scope 3 Program
Plastic Waste Reduction Program
SD VISta Program
Verra Staff at Events
Verra staff participate regularly in events. For a comprehensive list, please check our events page.
If you’d like to invite a Verra team member to speak at your event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also would like to bring your attention to two upcoming events:
- Bloom 23 (Oct. 24-25, San Jose, CA) is the leading event for professionals advancing strategies to protect and regenerate nature. Over the course of two interactive days, the event creates essential connections between companies, innovators and experts from leading organizations and Indigenous groups. By participating, you’ll get to explore the markets, technologies and partnerships key to addressing the climate and biodiversity crises hand-in-hand.
Learn more and use the code B23VERRA when you register for 10% off the All-Access Pass: https://bit.ly/42G0DC8
- VERGE 23 (Oct. 24-26, San Jose, CA) is the leading climate tech event accelerating solutions to the most pressing challenges of our time. It is the center of gravity for the climate community — leaders from business, government, solution providers and startups — working together to address the climate crisis across the six key programs that comprise the event: Buildings, Carbon, Energy, Food, Startups and Transport.
Learn more and use the code V23VERRA when you register for 10% off the All-Access Pass: https://bit.ly/3LP0hTe