Verra invites expressions of interest from experts and stakeholders interested in joining the Scope 3 Standard Development Group (Group). The Group will influence the strategic direction and technical design of Verra’s Scope 3 Standard (Standard). The Group’s objectives are as follows:
- Provide input and constructive feedback on key technical decisions and proposed text for the Standard (such as Scope 3 Intervention Unit design, right-to-claim/report, attribution and allocation, confidentiality of data, etc.).
- Find opportunities to improve the relevance and utility of the Standard, and identify opportunities for alignment with initiatives, working groups, tools, concepts, policies, and technologies external to Verra.
- Support the goals, objectives, and foundational concepts of the Standard with interconnected initiatives, standards, and programs.
The Group will meet every other month until the anticipated launch of the Standard in 2025. Expressions of interest are due July 31, 2023.
Please see the Terms of Reference (PDF) for more information about the goals and objectives of the Scope 3 Standard Development Group and the expectations of Group members.
We are seeking stakeholders from diverse organization types, sectors, geographies, and demographics with the following qualities:
- demonstrated experience or expertise and active work in the field of corporate inventory accounting and/or corporate carbon management and strategy
- the ability to adequately represent the views and concerns of a stakeholder group (such as a sector, organization type, geography, or demographic) – we are seeking representation of the following organization types or expertise:
- lifecycle inventory databases
- standard users (e.g., corporates, funds, project proponents, consultants)
- subject matter experts from academia, think tanks, consulting, and NGOs
- industry- or sector-level sustainability programs
- commitment to actively contributing to regularly scheduled (bi-monthly or quarterly) Group meetings, which includes reviewing and considering background materials until the launch of the Standard in 2025. The estimated time commitment is three hours per month. Note that due to the need to accommodate multiple time zones, meetings may be scheduled at less convenient times for some members.
- the capability to bring unique insights or updates from other initiatives, working groups, research, active projects/programs, or other relevant workstreams
- a willingness to support the Scope 3 Standard goal of unlocking immediate and large-scale investment in supply chain climate action