Welcome to Verra’s February Newsletter! Please see below for this month’s stakeholder news, including proposed VCS Program updates, a Request for Proposals, and more. Also linked below are our job postings (20 positions are currently being advertised), projects that are open for public comment, and our most recent Data & Insights briefs.
Please note that Verra recently posted job descriptions for several senior executive positions: Managing Director, Chief Communications Officer, and Chief Program Management Officer. You are encouraged to share news about these positions within your networks.
- Proposed Updates to the VCS Program: Consultation
- Carbon Pulse: “Comment: Why Verra Advocates Long-Term Reversal Monitoring for Nature-Based Carbon Projects”
- RFP: VVB for Innovative Improved Forest Management Methodology
- Ecosystem Marketplace’s Global Carbon Survey: Ending Soon
- RFP: Revision of Verra Website
- Job Openings
- Projects Open for Public Comment
- Verra Staff at Events; recent events include:
- David Antonioli, Chief Executive Officer of Verra, delivered a keynote address at the Stifel Carbon Conference, and
- Robin Rix, Chief Legal, Policy and Markets Officer, participated in a panel about “The Development of Efficiency and Transparency in the Voluntary Carbon Markets” at the Cleantech Forum,
- Naomi Swickard, Chief Program Officer, spoke at the Green Story webinar about “Demystifying Carbon Offsets”,
- Susana Velez Haller, Regional Manager, Latin America & the Caribbean, spoke at the LatAm ESG conference about “Carbon Credits, economics & regulations in LatAm/Brazil”
- If you’d like to invite a Verra team member to speak at your event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data & Insights Briefs
Photos: Michael Baron (top), Pablo Azurduy (bottom)