Welcome to Verra’s Sustainable Development Download, with updates on Verra’s Sustainable Development Verified Impact Standard (SD VISta), the world’s premier standard for certifying the real-world benefits of social and environmental projects.
SD VISta Nature Framework Now Open for Public Consultation
This asset methodology under Verra’s SD VISta Program aims to certify and incentivize widespread investment in measurable positive biodiversity outcomes benefiting nature and people.
The public consultation runs until November 19, 2023.
Read the full announcement about the Nature Framework consultation.
Did You Know?
The year 2023 marks the halfway point in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). According to The Sustainable Development Goals Report 2023: Special Edition, only 15% of the 140 targets are on track to be achieved by 2030. The SD VISta Program can mobilize large-scale financing to deliver change at the speed and scale required to achieve the SDGs. Visit the SD VISta Program page to learn more.
First SD VISta Asset Methodology Launched
Verra has released a new SD VISta asset methodology, the Methodology for Time Savings from Improved Cookstoves, following a thorough review process and a public comment period. The methodology enables project proponents to quantify the time households save by switching to clean, efficient cookstoves, offering, for the first time, a way to buy a market-based unit of a social good.
A Look Ahead
In the next few months, our team looks forward to connecting with stakeholders at multiple events.
- Natural Capital Investment Americas 2023 (September 25, New York):
- Sinclair Vincent, Director, Sustainable Development Innovation, will be speaking at this event.
- Corporate Investments into Forestry & Biodiversity (October 4 –5, London):
- Naomi Swickard, Senior Director, REDD+ Program Development and Innovation
- Ciara McCarthy, Director, Natural Climate Solutions, VCS Program
- Sinclair Vincent, Director, Sustainable Development Innovation
- Manish Neupane, Senior Manager, CCB and SD VISta Programs
- Nandita Lal Molloy, Senior Program Officer, International Climate Policy
We also bring your attention to Bloom (October 24–25, San Jose CA), the leading event for professionals advancing strategies to protect and regenerate nature. Over the course of two interactive days, it creates essential connections between companies, innovators, and experts from leading organizations and indigenous groups.
Verra staff participate regularly in events. For a comprehensive list, please check our events page, which is continually updated.
If you would like to invite a Verra team member to speak at your event, please contact email@example.com.