Welcome to Verra’s June Newsletter!
The voluntary carbon market has seen significant developments over the past few months, and Verra has been a thought leader in several ways, for example by addressing the topic of cryptocurrency and tokens and by speaking at an event hosted by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) on how the market ensures integrity and climate action.
We enjoyed seeing many of you at Innovate4Climate and the European Climate Summit. We also look forward to connecting with you at the “Reef Hub” on the side lines of the UN Ocean Conference, the Argus Carbon Markets and Regulation Conference 2022 (both in Lisbon, Portugal), and other upcoming events.
- Verra Releases Updates to VCS Program
- Verra Defers Updates to the VCS Program
- Verra Addresses Crypto Instruments and Tokens
- Verra CEO Speaks at CFTC Event on How Voluntary Carbon Market Ensures Integrity and Climate Action
- Important Reminder: Pipeline Listing Requests for AFOLU Projects
- Verra Replaces CDM AR-ACM0003 and AR-AMS0007 Methodologies with New Methodology for Afforestation, Reforestation, and Revegetation Projects
- Verra Replaces CDM AR-AM0014 and AR-AMS0003 Methodologies with VM0033 Methodology for Tidal Wetland and Seagrass Restoration, v2.0
- RFP: Revision of the VCS Methodology VM0016 Recovery and Destruction of Ozone-Depleting Substances from Products
Verra Staff at Events
Upcoming Events (Highlights)
- 23 June: 1t.org Summit – Steve Zwick, Senior Manager, Media Relations
- 27 June – 1 July: UN Ocean Conference/Reef Action Hub – Sinclair Vincent, Director, Sustainable Development Innovation and Markets
- 28 June – 1 July: IDB Invest Sustainability Week 2022 – Susana Vélez Haller, Senior Manager, Auditor and Accreditation Body Engagement
- 30 June – 1 July: Argus Carbon Markets and Regulation Conference 2022 – Robin Rix, Chief Legal, Policy, and Markets Officer
- All upcoming events
Past Events (Highlights)
- Verra had a strong presence at Innovate4Climate and the European Climate Summit, with staff presenting on important topics. David Antonioli, Chief Executive Officer, spoke about lessons learned from the Forests Bond; Toby Janson-Smith, Chief Program Development and Innovation Officer, discussed the changing role of the verifier; Robin Rix, Chief Legal, Policy, and Markets Officer, spoke about blockchain/DeFi; and Steve Zwick, Senior Manager, Media Relations, presented on how Article 6 shapes the voluntary carbon market.
If you’d like to invite a Verra team member to speak at your event, please contact email@example.com.
Photos: David Peters (top), Stefanie Pfiel (bottom)