Verra will hold two training webinars on sustainable development (SD) contributions reporting for VCS projects on 8 December 2022. The webinars will cover:
- The requirements, documents, and process for submitting SD contributions reports;
- An overview of the report template instructions; and
- Evaluation of specific Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) contribution claims.
Verra will soon require all proponents of VCS projects to demonstrate by the end of the project’s first monitoring period that their project contributes to at least three SDGs. The effective dates for this requirement are:
- 20 January 2023 for all monitoring reports of projects registered on or after this date;
- 20 January 2025 for all projects registered prior to 20 January 2023.
Verra is offering this webinar at two different times to accommodate stakeholders around the world: