Welcome to Verra’s May Newsletter!
We are proud to share that the Natural Climate Solutions Alliance (NCSA) has designated six Verra projects as “Lighthouses”, so named because they “shine a light” on the potential of investments in nature.
Also, we recently launched a Public Consultation on Projected Carbon Units and welcome your feedback.
Several Verra team members will be participating in this year’s Innovate4Climate conference and the European Climate Summit later this month. Both events bring together key market stakeholders and experts in climate finance, climate investment, and climate markets. Several Verra staff members will be attending and speaking and look forward to connecting with you all virtually or in person.
- Six Verra Projects Receive Prestigious Honor
- Public Consultation: Projected Carbon Units
- REDD+ Evolves: Changes to Key VCS Methodologies
- Verra Launches Scope 3 Initiative
- Verra and FSC Sign MoU to Enable Concurrent Certification Process
- Clarification to the VCS Program Guide v4.1
Verra Staff at Events
- 24-26 May: Innovate4Climate (24-26 May; virtual) and European Climate Summit (24-25 May; Barcelona) – Several Verra team members will be participating in these two events that are designed to complement each other:
- David Antonioli, Chief Executive Officer, Toby Janson-Smith, Chief Program Development and Innovation Officer, and Robin Rix, Chief Legal, Policy, and Markets Officer, will be joining their respective sessions remotely.
- Andrew Howard, Senior Director, Climate Finance and Markets, will be in Barcelona.
- 9 June: Singapore Sustainable Investing & Financing Conference (SSIFC) – David Antonioli, Chief Executive Officer, will speak on the conference’s theme of Financing Asia’s Green Transition. Andrew Howard, Senior Director, Climate Finance and Markets, will also be in attendance.
- 28-29 June: GreenFin 22 in New York City will convene an invitation-only audience of sustainability, finance, and investment leaders to share insights, improve communication, address key challenges, and showcase leading sustainable financial products and services. Request an invitation and use offer code GF22VERRA for 15% off an All-Access Pass!
- All upcoming events
If you’d like to invite a Verra team member to speak at your event, please contact email@example.com.
Photos from Unsplash: Branislav Knapek (top), James Ahlberg (bottom)