In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day, the Smithsonian is hosting the Earth Optimism Summit, a free digital event that “celebrates a change in focus from problem to solution, from a sense of loss to one of hope, in the dialogue about conservation and sustainability.” Between 22 and 26 April, people from all over the world can join a live broadcast show that will showcase actions at various scales that demonstrate what success in the fight against climate change can look like. Click here to see the schedule.
On Friday, 24 April, 7:15-7:45 pm, Verra’s CEO David Antonioli will be participating in a session titled “Resetting our Financial World.” In this broadcast, speakers will share their ideas about how to negotiate the long-standing tensions between our natural environment and economic development.
- Kristin Rechberger, Interviewer – CEO, Dynamic Planet
- Hongwei Rose Niu – Chief Conservation Officer, The Paulson Institute
- David Antonioli – CEO of Verra
- Kathy Baughman McLeod – Director, Adrienne Arsht-Rockefeller Resilience Center
- Steve Case – Chairman & CEO, Revolution; Co-Founder, Case Foundation; former CEO, America Online
Please join us for this and the other digital sessions in celebration of Earth Optimism!