Develop a Methodology
The SD VISta methodology approval process offers developers a pathway for building new methodologies and proposing new SD VISta asset types when no existing methodology or SD VISta assets address their needs. Under the methodology approval process, proposed methodologies are assessed by Verra staff and a technical assessment team.
The basic steps of the SD VISta methodology approval process:
- Methodology developer prepares and submits a methodology concept note
- Verra reviews the methodology concept
- Where the methodology concept meets established evaluation criteria, Verra accepts it into the methodology approval process
- After the concept note is accepted by Verra, the methodology developer prepares a draft methodology and submits it to Verra
- Verra reviews the draft methodology
- Verra posts the draft methodology to the Verra website for a 30-day public comment period
- Verra contracts with the technical assessment team to review the draft methodology and produce an assessment report
- Verra reviews the methodology and assessment report, and approves the methodology for use if it meets all SD VISta Program requirements
To see the complete rules and requirements for developing a methodology, please refer the SD VISta asset methodology review and approval process, which is set out in the SD VISta Program Guide found here. A template for the methodology concept note will be available soon on the SD VISta Rules & Requirements page; please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information in the meantime.
Initiative for Climate Action Transparency
Supporting countries around the world in the evaluation of the climate, sustainable development and transformational impacts of their policies and actionsLearn More >