Greenbiz Webinar with Verra Staff: “Innovation in Forest Carbon Solutions”
Forests have the potential to contribute over 20% of the total greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reductions and removals needed to meet the Paris Agreement targets. However, finance for such approaches has been slow to materialize. Forest carbon projects have proven themselves to be an effective means to drive significant funding to forest conservation and restoration around the world through the sale of carbon credits. Emerging technological innovations are now poised to help scale these efforts by increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of project monitoring, reporting, and verification.
GreenBiz will be hosting a webinar on 4 August at 1 pm EDT/10 am PDT to discuss the role of forests in addressing climate change and how technology can support forest carbon projects. Click here to register.
GreenBiz Editorial Director, Heather Clancy, will moderate a discussion with World Resources Institute, Pachama, Verra, and Microsoft on key trends in the use of technology to enhance and support the development and assessment of forest carbon projects.
Among the topics that will be discussed:
- The rationale for investing in high-quality forest carbon projects
- How to participate in innovative solutions for climate change
- The top criteria for vetting forest carbon solutions
- How technology can help de-risk and scale forest carbon projects
- Heather Clancy, Editorial Director, GreenBiz Group
- Fred Stolle, Deputy Director, Forests, World Resources Institut
- Diego Saez-Gil, CEO & Co-founder, Pachama
- Toby Janson-Smith, Chief Innovation Officer, Verra
- Elizabeth Willmott, Carbon Program Manager, Microsoft