Verra is inviting expressions of interest for the collection of deforestation data at a jurisdictional level in preparation of launching the revised VCS methodologies for Avoiding Unplanned Deforestation and Degradation (AUDD) projects.
The updated methodologies will include modules for generating activity data for baseline setting and monitoring of avoiding unplanned deforestation (AUD) activities. (These modules are currently open for public consultation.) Implementing the module for jurisdictional activity data baseline for unplanned deforestation (J-ADB-UD) will periodically require generating forest cover maps and collecting deforestation data for several jurisdictions. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Reviewing Verra guidance;
- Mapping forest cover and changes for the given jurisdiction;
- Evaluating the accuracy of project-scale maps;
- Carrying out jurisdictional area sampling;
- Producing the J-ADB-UD Description Report for the purpose of Verra-contracted validation;
- Interacting with auditors during data validation; and
- Revising and adjusting data to meet the required standard and ensure completion of the validation process.
More details, including criteria for participation and application instructions, can be found in the Request for Expressions of Interest: Collection of Jurisdictional Deforestation Data for Allocation to VCS Projects. Service providers that meet Verra’s selection requirements will be included in a roster and may be considered for specific assignments.
If you have any questions, please contct Basanta Gautam, REDD+ Technical Innovation Manager (email@example.com).