8 October 2013
VCS Announces 2013 Program Update
Today we are rolling out our annual program update, which will help to foster innovation by further support the development of projects and programs. This update includes several Version 3 program documents that strengthen the support and guidance provided for project proponents, and validation/verification bodies (VVBs), as well as those now engaged in developing jurisdictional and nested REDD+ (JNR) programs.
You can see a full list of the updates here but here’s a quick look at the highlights:
- A new process for reviewing project registration and issuance requests.
- Revised templates for project development, monitoring, validation and verification.
- Updates to the methodology approval process to clarify and streamline the process.
- Revised templates for methodology development.
- New JNR documents and tools.
A webinar describing the program updates was held on 22 October 2013 at 11 a.m. (U.S. Eastern Time), a recording can be found on the 4Q13 updates catalogue page.
Revisions to individual program documents can be found in the history at the end of each document. The 4Q13 updates catalogue contains a list of all the revisions.
VCS revises program documents periodically to improve and expand the VCS Program. See the overview of updates since the release of Version 3
As always, questions, comments or feedback may be sent to email@example.com.
Summary: Updates released for several Version 3 program documents