Verra will open a public consultation on proposed changes to the VCS Methodology Approval Process and related sections of the VCS Standard and VCS Program Guide on 31 August 2022. The updates seek to improve the efficiency of the methodology development and review processes while enhancing the transparency and quality of VCS methodologies.
Verra will seek stakeholder input on the following proposed changes:
- Addition of a pre-concept note to facilitate the submission of proposals for the development of new and revised methodologies, tools, or modules and determine the development pathway;
- Establishment of a formal option for Verra to lead methodology development by hiring an expert consultant to manage the development of the methodology, tool, or module;
- Offering the option for developers to collaborate on concept notes, methodologies, and methodology frameworks;
- Updates to the process and requirements for methodology revisions, including a more streamlined process for minor revisions;
- New procedures and requirements for methodology consolidations;
- Enhanced review process for approved VCS methodologies (e.g., conducting a regular review and potential update every five years);
- Updates to the grace periods for methodology versions that are replaced or withdrawn; and
- General improvements and clarifications of the methodology development and review process.
The public consultation will run 31 August – 30 September and will be announced on the Verra website.
On 8 September at 11:00 am EDT, Verra will hold a one-hour webinar to provide an overview of the proposed updates. Register for the webinar.
Please contact email@example.com with questions about the consultation.