IETA & Verra co-host a webinar on The Future of Nested REDD+: The State of Play
On Tuesday, 17 November, 11 am – 12:30 pm, Verra will co-host a webinar on “The Future of Nested REDD+: The State of Play.” This webinar is part of the International Emissions Trading Association’s webinar series called “IETA Live: Carbon Market Virtual Series” and will explore expert perspectives about the evolution of Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) projects. Key finance and policy issues related to integrating project-level actions into larger scales will be a key focus. Practitioners from countries where nested REDD+ is being designed and implemented will share experiences of accounting and policy as well as measurement, reporting, and verification (MRV) considerations. We’ll conclude with a discussion of how nested REDD+ mechanisms will need to be designed to play a part in truly safeguarding the world’s remaining forests.
- Manuel Estrada, REDD+ and AFOLU Director, Verra
- Charlotte Streck, Co-Founder & Director, Climate Focus
- Angela Foster-Rice, SVP – Strategic Business Development, Everland
- Leslie L. Durschinger, Founder, CEO, CIO, Terra Global
- Donna Lee, Independent
- Jose Gildardo Galvez, Advisor to the Environmental Information and Climate Change Unit – Vice Ministry of Natural Resources and Climate Change from Guatemala
Click here to register.
Initiative for Climate Action Transparency
Supporting countries around the world in the evaluation of the climate, sustainable development and transformational impacts of their policies and actionsLearn More >