Two rounds of public consultation were conducted to obtain input on the Plastic Program’s usability and content to ensure that it is practical for use by all types of plastic waste collection and recycling projects and that it meets companies’ needs.
The documents below underwent consultation from 15 July through 23 August 2020. These documents were developed and/or revised based on feedback received during a previous consultation on the Plastic Standard, lessons learned from pilot projects and input from the Plastic Standard Development Committee and the 3R Initiative Steering Committee.
The documents for review during this consultation were the following:
- Plastic Program Guide v0.1: Provides the rules and requirements governing the Plastic Program and further describes the constituent parts of the program (e.g., procedures and rules for registering projects and issuing Plastic Credits, the Verra registry, the methodology approval process and accreditation requirements for validation/verification bodies).
- Plastic Waste Reduction Standard v0.2: Provides the requirements for developing projects and for the validation and verification process (revised based on feedback received during a previous consultation; at the time of the previous consultation, the full title of this document was the Plastic Recovery and Recycling Project Accounting Standard, v0.1).
- Plastic Program Definitions v0.1: Provides the definitions for terms used in Plastic Program documents.
A webinar was held on 16 July 2020 to provide an overview of the Plastic Waste Reduction Program. The same content was presented twice; the webinar slides and recording are below.
- Second Public Consultation – Webinar Slides
- Second Public Consultation – Webinar 1 Recording
- Second Public Consultation – Webinar 2 Recording of Q&As Only
We reviewed all comments and prepared a summary of how comments were considered in preparation for consultation on the initial Plastic Program methodologies (see above) and finalization of Plastic Program documents. Click here to read the comments and how they were addressed.
Many thanks to all who helped improve the Plastic Program by participating in the first public consultation. This public consultation period was open from 26 February to 26 April 2020.
The first consultation version of the Plastic Standard is available here: Plastic Recovery and Recycling Project Accounting Standard, v0.1.
Two webinars were held on 5 and 26 March 2020 to provide an overview of the Plastic Program and the Plastic Standard.
- Webinar slides
- Webinar with questions and answers (26 March 2020)
- Questions & answers only (5 March 2020)
We reviewed all comments and prepared a summary of how comments were considered in preparation for consultation on the Plastic Program Guide, v0.1, the Plastic Standard, v0.2 and the Plastic Program Definitions, v0.1 (see above). Read the comments and how they were addressed.