Several issues were addressed as part of this revision process. VM0003, VM0007 and VM0015 were updated to address baseline scenario requirements on modeling the release of emissions from relevant belowground biomass, soil organic carbon, dead wood and/or harvested wood products.
VM0008 was likewise revised through a streamlined process to address new VCS standardized methods requirements. It is the first VCS methodology to assess additionality using a performance method.
The VM0009 revision was completed through the VCS methodology approval process, and now can be applied to scenarios of planned deforestation and unplanned frontier deforestation in addition to previously allowed scenarios of unplanned mosaic deforestation.
Documentation for these revised methodologies are available on each methodology’s page:
- VM0003: Improved Forest Management through Extension of Rotation Age, v1.1
- VM0007: REDD Methodology Modules, v1.3
- VM0008: Weatherization of Single Family and Multi-Family Buildings, v1.1
- VM0009: Avoided Deforestation of Tropical Forests, v2.0
- VM0015: Methodology for Avoided Unplanned Deforestation, v1.1
Finally, the following methodologies have yet to submit revisions, and therefore remain invalid until further notice.Learn more
- VM0004: Methodology for Conservation Projects that Avoid Planned Land Use Conversion in Peat Swamp Forests, v1.0
- VM0005: Methodology for Conversion of Low-productive Forest to High-productive Forest, v1.1
- VM0012: Improved Forest Management in Temperate and Boreal Forests (LtPF), v1.0 and v1.1
Questions or comments may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.